Friday, July 29, 2011

Carter David Beck

Carter David Beck is finally here! After 20 hrs. of labor and 2 epidurals (that didn't work) he arrived:) It wasn't an easy go at first. He came out blue and not breathing with the cord wrapped around his neck. He was born with a really bad infection and fluid in his lungs. After 6 days in the NICU he is doing awesome. The doctors were amazed at how fast his little body fought off the infection. We went to the doc today and he has gained 8 oz. in one week! We are now up to 7 1bs. 14 oz. He is going to be a tank! He likes to eat all day long. We are so thankful for our little man and are so happy that he is home and healthy:)






5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had a pretty rough labor & delivery :( he is so dang perfect! My goodness. I love his name. He couldn't be more adorable. CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you recover well & glad he's doing so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute Jenny!!! Congratulations!! I'm so sorry you had such a rough delivery and that he was sick when he was born. I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for you. I'm so glad he is doing better though. I'm trying to convince my hubby that I need to take a trip to Utah and if I do I want to come see your sweet baby and of course his awesome mama!! Love you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a scare! so glad things are going great now!! he is such a cute baby, good job ;-) hope you are finding some time to get a little rest!! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, congratulations! What a journey! Carter looks like such a handsome boy! He is going to have the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny! I just found your blog and wanted to say congrats on the new little guy! He is so sweet! Hope you are doing great! Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete